After a summer of multiple vacations from various team members, we're finally ready to release Keycloak 1.0 Beta 4. There's not a lot of new features in the release because we focused mainly on performance, creating new SPIs, refactoring code, improving usability, and lastly fixing bugs. 64 issues completed. As usually go to the main keycloak.org page to find download links and to browse our documentation, release notes, or view our screencast tutorials. Here are some of the highlights of the release:
- Server side memory cache for all UI pages.
- Cache-control settings for UI pages
- Server side cache for all backend metadata: realms, applications, and users.
- In-memory implementation for user sessions
- New Federation SPI. Gives you a lot of flexibility to federation external stores into Keycloak
- Improved LDAP/Active Directory support
- Token validation REST API
- Support for HttpServletRequest.logout()
- Lots and lots of bugs fixes and minor improvements
You should see a big performance increase with this release as everything is cachable in memory and the database can be fully bypassed.
1.0 Final is on the way!
What's next for Keycloak? This month we will be focusing on resolving the remaining issues logged in Jira, improving our test coverage, and updating our documentation and screencasts. No new major features. We'll have a RC release around 3rd week of August, then our first Final release 2nd week of September!