- Authentication and Required Actions SPI - We've create SPIs for authentication flows and required actions and made existing flows pluggable. Currently the flows are hard-coded, but can be configured to some extent. In the future we'll make it possible to define your own authentication flows, authenticators as well as required actions.
- Service account - We've added support for clients to obtain tokens on behalf of themselves. These tokens can be obtained by using the Client Credentials Grant flow. In the future we'll add support for additional mechanisms to authenticate clients.
- User impersonation - Admins can now impersonate users. This allows admins to login to applications as a specific user without knowing the users credentials.
- Re-captcha for registration - Re-captcha can be enabled for the registration page.
- Upgrade to WildFly 9.0.1.Final - Keycloak is now built on top of WildFly 9.0.1.Final.
- More details on server info page - There's now a bit more details about the Keycloak server on the server info page in the admin console.
- Improvements to admin console We've had the UXP experts look at our admin console and we've already done some improvements. Expect more fine tuning of the admin console in the future.
Wednesday, 29 July 2015
Keycloak 1.4.0.Final is available for download. As usual we've been busy bringing new features as well as a number of improvements and bug fixes (in fact we resolved 119 issues for this release!). The highlights of this release includes: