I'm pleased to announce the release of Keycloak 1.7.0.CR1. Recently we've gone straight to Final, but we'd like to give everyone a chance to try a release out first. Unless there are major issues reported we will release Final next week.
As usual we've been far from idle and have a number of highlights in this release, including:
- Groups - users can belong to one or more groups and inherit role mappings and attributes from the group.
- First Broker Login Flow - we've introduced a number of improvements to first login with identity brokers as well as the ability to customize the flow used.
- Client Registration - clients can now dynamically register themselves with a Keycloak server. This supports Keycloak client representations, OpenID Connect Dynamic Client Registration and SAML Entity Descriptors. Client registration are simple REST endpoints, there's also a Java library and a CLI is coming soon.
- OpenID Connect Implicit and Hybrid flows - we've added support for the Implicit and Hybrid flows. It's also possible to select what flows are available for a specific client.
- Add User script - as a first step to not having a default admin user we've added a script that allows creating an initial admin account.
- Cache fixes - there's a number of fixes related to caching, which should improve performance especially in clusters.
- Email Sender SPI - previously we had one SPI that created email content from FreeMarker and also sent emails. We've now split this into two separate SPIs.
- SAML SP WildFly subsystem - there's now a WildFly subsystem for the SAML SP adapter, which makes it easier to use the SAML SP adapter on WildFly.
- WildFly 10 adapter support - the WildFly adapter, including adapter subsystem, now supports WildFly 10.